VSF Board of Directors: Dr. Aleta Krauss
Served 6 years in the U.S. Air Force as an Air Passenger Specialist. Responsibities included booking and confirming reservations; reviewing travel authorizations for validity and correctness, checking in passengers and baggage, and providing information on such items as schedules, travel requirements, baggage limitations, and insurance; inspecting passengers and baggage to insure in-flight security, and the loading and unloading of baggage; and, supervising subordinates.
- 435 Aerial Port Squadron, Rhein Main AB, Frankfurt, Germany
- 436 Aerial Port Squadron, Dover AFB, Dover, DE
- AF Achievement Medal, AF Outstanding Unit Award
Focused on service to veterans
- The American Legion (PUFL) – 20 year member
- National – Present: Economic Development Commission; Past: Children & Youth Commission; Legion College graduate
- Department – Present: Innovations Committee Chair, Boys State & Executive Committees; Past: Children & Youth Committee Chair; Finance, Budget & Audit Committee Chair
- Redesigned and formalized accounting & budgeting process
- District – Past: Commander; Chaplain
- Post – Present: Newsletter Editor & Executive Committee; Past: Commander; 1st & 2nd Vice Commander; Historian; Chaplain; Children & Youth Committee; Public Relations Committee
- American Legion Auxiliary – 11 year member
- Department – Present: President, VAVS Deputy, Public Relations, National Security Chair, Newsletter Editor; Past: 1st Vice President
- Marine Corps League (Life) – 8 years
- Detachment – Toys for Tots, Honor Guard, HUHO Fundraising Campaign
- Delaware Veterans; Air Force Association; AMVETS, VFW Auxiliary
Current career position as a Senior Investment Accounting Manager at BNY Mellon Asset Servicing providing mutual fund accounting and administration services.
- Responsible for daily deliverables for 9 clients and 6 member team
- Implemented various training and performance management initiatives
- Review and preparation of annual reports, prospectuses, audit schedules
- As a subject matter expert (SME), support programming development initiatives and testing
Previous employment with H&R Block as Master Tax Advisor and Enrolled Agent.
- Responsible for the preparation of individual and corporate tax returns
Recently completed the Doctor of Business Administration program at Wilmington University, Wilmington, DE. Dissertation Title: Examination of Motivating Factors: Joining Veterans Service Organizations.
Wilmington University - Wilmington, DE
- Doctor of Business Administration (2015) Sigma Beta Delta
- Master of Business Administration (1996)
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting (1992) Delta Epsilon Rho
Delaware Tech. & Comm. College - Dover, DE
- Associate of Applied Science, Accounting (1990) Phi Theta Kappa
Widener University - Wilmington, DE
- Certificate of Taxation (2011)
Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR)*, Sovereign Military Order of the Temple of Jerusalem (SMOTJ)**
*The DAR, founded in 1890 and headquartered in Washington, D.C., is a non-profit, non-political volunteer women's service organization dedicated to promoting patriotism, preserving American history, and securing America's future through better education for children.
** The Sovereign Military Order of the Temple of Jerusalem seeks to emulate the chivalric and charity traditions of the original Templars. Its members apply themselves energetically and selflessly to Christian charitable endeavors through: Seeking God in our lives and promoting love and respect for our community; increasing understanding between religions, helping pilgrims visit holy places, and maintaining a Christian presence in the Holy Land; Supporting the poor, sick, and unjustly accused; standing against oppression, and protecting freedom of speech; and encouraging the noble ideas of Chivalry; maintaining the monuments, archives, and history of the Knights Templar.