NON PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS ONLY
The Veterans Support Foundation (VSF), as part of its ongoing service to veterans and their families, provides funding in the form of grants supporting veteran related projects. VSF gives priority to matching fund projects. VSF provides funding solely for scientific, charitable, and educational purposes.
Grants are scheduled for a one (1) year period and are considered for "one time or start up projects". However, projects that prove beneficial to veterans and develop a track record of providing needed services and/or performance may be considered for funding in subsequent years. Grant requests in excess of $25,000 are discouraged. Please read these instructions carefully. This Application is subject to change when deemed necessary.
Deadline for submission is March 31st of each
year. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2014 is the final year that paper submissions will be accepted.
- You must file a complete proposal, meeting the requirements stated on the Grant Application, regardless of whether you have received a grant in the past. Previous award or rejection of a grant proposal should not be considered as automatic approval or rejection of a new submission.
- The postmark on the submission is used to determine the date of submission. It is not necessary to use priority mailing methods provided the submission is postmarked on or before March 31st of each year.
- Applicants will be notified in writing of a decision within 12-16 weeks following the deadline for submission. Applicants should plan accordingly.
- All materials submitted become the property of VSF.
- Recipients of VSF grants may be required to submit periodic reports detailing all activities related to the grant. The number of reports and their due dates will be outlined in the grant award letter. Failure to file reports in a timely manner may result in forfeiture of the remaining grant.
- Any and all issues relating to the VVA Service Officer program are administered through and by the VVA National office. Requests for support of Service Officers should be sent to VVA email@example.com.
- VSF considers all complete proposals. In general, however, VSF does not typically fund: memorial projects, administrative expenses, attending meetings, and building projects.
APPLICANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLETENESS AND ACCURACY OF THEIR SUBMISSION. INCOMPLETE PROPOSALS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
If submitting a paper application, the original and (10) copies of the application must be submitted to:
Veterans Support Foundation
GRANT REVIEW COMMITTEE
8719 Colesville Rd., Suite 100
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910-3710
NOTE: ALL QUESTIONS OR REQUESTS CONCERNING ANYTHING ABOUT THE GRANT PROPOSAL OR PROCESS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE VSF GRANTS OFFICER - J. A. STERNBURG @ 301-585-4000 ext 126.